Apple has updated its flagship video editing software, Final Cut Pro [Mac App Store], to version 10.0.4. The update is a minor one, adding some performance improvements, bug fixes, and language support for Simplified Chinese. Final Cut Pro can be updated via the Mac App Store.
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.4 improves overall stability, performance, and compatibility including:
– Improves image quality and responsiveness of broadcast monitoring with compatible third-party PCIe and Thunderbolt I/O devices.
– Improves performance of multicam syncing and editing.
– Adds language support for Simplified Chinese.
– Adds a Share option for 1080p video on compatible iOS devices.
Final Cut Pro version 10.0.4 also addresses the following issues:
– Assigns default audio channel setting for new projects to stereo.
– Includes multicam metadata in XML project export.
– Fixes an issue in which video superimposed over a background with an alpha channel could appear differently in Viewer before and after render.
– Fixes an issue that caused some titles to be rendered again after each application launch.
This update is recommended for all users of Final Cut Pro X
The update to Motion 5.0.3 doesn’t add any specific features, but offers “stability and performance” improvements.
Motion 5.0.3 improves overall stability and performance including:
– Improves loading time for projects.
– Improves performance of text editing in the Canvas.
– Fixes issues with Fill Opaque enabled in images converted to Drop Zones.
– Resolves a stability issue that occurred when deleting all characters with the Transform Glyph tool.
– Corrects the pixel aspect ratio display of Anamorphic clips.
– Improves speed of Save Current Frame.
– Resolves a stability issue when adjusting motion blur controls in the Project Properties Inspector.
– Resolves a stability issue when modifying media files while Motion is running in the background.